Sentai Filmworks Reveals Hero Mask Anime's English Dub Cast
Sentai Filmworks revealed the English dub cast for its home video release of Studio Pierrot's Hero Mask original anime series on Friday. The company also streamed a trailer for the dub on Saturday.
The cast includes:
- Chris Patton as James
- Luci Christian as Sarah
- Blake Shepard as Eddy
- Josh Morrison as Lennox
- Andrew Love as Harry
- Adam Gibbs as Theo
- Jay Hickman as Connor
- John Gremillion as Steven
- Joe Daniels as Fred
- Christine Auten as Anna
- Scott Gibbs as Grimm
- Mark Laskowski as Richard
- Rob Mungle as Robert
- Sara Gaston as Monica
- Teresa Zimmerman as Eleanor
- Joanne Bonasso as Eleanor's Mom
- Mike Vance as Eleanor's Dad
- Meg McDonald as May
- John Swasey as Jasper
- Taylor Fono as Eve
- Matthew Henderson as Oliver
- Adam Noble as The Man
- Blake Jackson as Frank
- Hilary Haag as Tina
- Seán Patrick Judge as Alan
- David Matranga as Douglas
- David Wald as William
- James Belcher as Gary
- Maggie Flecknoe as Julia
- Chris Hutchison as Professional #1
- Olivia Swasey as Professional #2
- Courtland Johnson as Professional #3
- Ben McLaughlin as Professional #4
- Ty Mahany as Professional #5
- Jovan Jackson as Professional #6
- Bryson Baugus as Professional #7
- Patricia Duran as Olivia
- Allison Sumrall as Lisa
The dub staff includes:
- Director: Mike Haimoto (episodes 1-24)
- Director: John Swasey (episodes 1-12)
- ADR Engineer: Patrick Marrero (episodes 1-24)
- ADR Engineer: Ricardo Contreras (episodes 1-12)
- ADR Engineer: David Lascoe (episodes 1-12)
- ADR Engineer: Jonathan Rodriguez (episodes 13-24)
- Mixer: Brent Marshall (episodes 1-24)
- ADR Scriptwriter: George Manley (episodes 1-24)
- ADR Scriptwriter: Mike Haimoto (episodes 1-24)
- ADR Scriptwriter: John Swasey (episodes 1-12)
Sentai Filmworks previously announced that it will release the anime worldwide except Asia.
The first season of the anime debuted on Netflix in December 2018 with 15 episodes. The second season debuted in August 2019 with nine episodes. The show's official English website describes the story as follows:
Now there's a mysterious Mask before James Blood, and the man behind it is one that shouldn't exist. What is the mystery surrounding this mask...?
So begins an action-packed crime story set in a beautiful city!
The anime aired in Japan for the first time starting last July on Tokyo MX.
Hiroyasu Aoki (unit director for X-Men, No Game, No Life, 2011 Hunter × Hunter) was director and scriptwriter, and was also in charge of series composition. Takahisa Katagiri (animation director for Blood-C, FLCL Progressive) designed the characters. Takashi Nakamura and Yuki Sonoda were art directors, and Katsuya Yamada was credited for art setting. The rest of the staff worked on both seasons as well, except for the first season's episode director and storyboarder Sōichi Shimada.
Wakaiki launched a spinoff manga based on the anime on the LINE Manga app last July. The manga is titled Hero Mask: A lost memory.
Thanks to John Ellis for the news tip.
Source: Sentai Filmworks