Blade Runner: Black Lotus Anime Posts Trailer, Behind-the-Scenes Video
Adult Swim began streaming a trailer and a behind-the-scenes video on Saturday for the Blade Runner: Black Lotus anime series
The anime will premiere on November 14 at 12:00 a.m. EST with two episodes on Adult Swim's Toonami block and on Crunchyroll. Adult Swim will also premiere the anime in Canada at the same time. Adult Swim has worldwide distribution rights to an English-dubbed version of the show outside of Asia. Crunchyroll will stream the anime worldwide.
The cast includes (English/Japanese):
- Jessica Henwick/Arisa Shida as Elle, a female replicant created for a secret and unknown purpose
- Will Yun Lee/Shinshū Fuji as Joseph, a mysterious figure who owns a spare parts junkyard in Los Angeles
- Samira Wiley/Takako Honda as Alani Davis, a fresh LAPD recruit
- Brian Cox/Takaya Hashi as Niander Wallace Sr, founder and CEO of the Wallace Corporation
- Wes Bentley/Takehito Koyasu as Niander Wallace Jr, a brilliant scientist working for his father
- Josh Duhamel/Taiten Kusunoki as Marlowe, a deadly Blade Runner
- Peyton List/Yoshiko Sakakibara as Josephine Grant, the wife of the police chief
- Stephen Root/Houchu Ohtsuka as Earl Grant, Police Chief of the LAPD
- Barkhad Abdi/Takayuki Kinba as Doc Badger, a black market dealer
- Gregg Henry/Masane Tsukayama as Senator Bannister, a politician with strong feelings on replicant production
- Henry Czerny/Akio Nojima as Doctor M, a brilliant doctor and professor of medicine
- Jason Spisak/Kazuki Yao as Hooper, a journalist in the pocket of the Wallace Corporation
Crunchyroll describes the story:
Los Angeles 2032. A young woman wakes up with no memories, and possessing deadly skills. The only clues to her mystery are a locked data device and a tattoo of a black lotus. Putting together the pieces, she must hunt down the people responsible for her brutal and bloody past to find the truth of her lost identity.
Crunchyroll and Adult Swim are partnering with Alcon Entertainment to produce the 13-episode television anime series.
Shinji Aramaki (Ultraman, Appleseed) and Kenji Kamiyama (Ultraman, Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex) are directing all the episodes at Sola Digital Arts. Both directors previously worked together on Ultraman and Ghost in the Shell: SAC_2045. Shinichiro Watanabe (Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo) is a creative producer on the series.
Andrew Kosove, Broderick Johnson, Laura Lancaster, and Al-Francis Cuenca of Alcon Entertainment are executive producers on the project along with Sola Digital Arts' Joseph Chou. Alcon executive Ben Roberts is serving as co-executive producer, and Production I.G's Mitsuhisa Ishikawa is a production adviser.
Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter Alessia Cara is contributing music to the series, including the original opening song "Feel You Now."